Thursday, October 17, 2013

~*~ *~ where MAGIC begins ~*~ *~



Because an entire post is dedicated to it, it must be obvious how amazing this place is. Located in one of the alleys that lead away from the Old Town Square in Pardubice is this bar called Klub 29. I have been to this place only a few times but there never has been a time when I came out of it not feeling at least 20 times happier than before.
Klub 29 is attached to Theatre 29 where they say amazing musical and theatrical performances take place but since I have not had fortune of being an audience to either of them I am not in a position to talk about it. So let me steer back to talking about Klub 29.

Other than the fact that this is where I discovered Jagermeister (my eyes are getting twinkly and yeah, I'm only learning about these things now) there are many factors that make this place one of the best in this town.

Factor 1: It has the ‘place next door’ ambience with informal furniture and casual décor. Nothing in this place reeks of artifice or unnecessary nonsense. Well, to be honest other than the beautiful fact that this bar is not stuffy and loud like how many bars tend to get, there is not much about the general looks of the place that sets it apart from the rest but then, that is where the ordinary part ends. I shall now proceed with the other factors listing them according to the level of their greatness in an increasing manner.

Factor 2: To begin with it has two good bartenders. Coy and sweet but always at your beck and call. Wilhelm and Bára (not sure about the former’s spelling). They give you sound and honest suggestions on what to try if you are in doubt.

Factor 3: It has the most number of varieties of Coffee beans to choose from. Yes, this is a coffee-cum-alcohol place, which is something I have never seen in India. So if you are a fan of good coffee this is the place for you to choose from the many kinds from different parts of the world. The one I tried today was from Salvador and it was interesting (pardon my poor geography but before I googled it up I did not know where the place is).

Factor 4: JARIN (pronounced यारिन). He is the owner and without a doubt the life of the place. It is no wonder that people love coming here. You cannot help it, you know, when this man gives you a reason to love this place so much. You will always see him taking turns sitting at each table spending time with his customers. Today we were the lucky ones who he chose to bestow his presence upon. He gave us the best Slivovice we have had so far. Also he demonstrated his elaborate coffee making process through the “vacuum press method”, if I remember right, by bringing a very interesting looking device to our table and dedicatedly brewing coffee in this apparatus that looked like had just been stolen from a chemistry lab. In the picture below you will see the master at work.



Factor 5: Oh, I did not mention the best part, did I? This place is where magic happens J  I am not joking. Be assured. You will never leave the place without having a story to tell. Good enough a reason to come here?



3 comments:

Jane Borges said...

good one! you shud think about writing travel pieces during your stay here...

littlemuch said...

I finally got some time to read this post. I agree with jane... you should think about writing travel pieces.

quiannataffe said...

The Gaming Realms: A Brief History of Gaming - Dr.
In the 1990s, the 제주도 출장마사지 gaming industry was beginning to fade. 김포 출장마사지 Today, 보령 출장마사지 more than 태백 출장안마 two decades later, gaming is flourishing in all of 동해 출장안마 the